By now you should not crave much sugar if you have followed and done my way of eating but if you still do, cut out refined carbohydrates!
Follow the Sugar Detox 4 ways to balance sugar cravings:
When the body is craving sugar, it likely means the exact opposite of what our body needs!
Some of the most commonn things people experience when craving or detoxing from sugar is,
* intense thirst or dehydration, but reaches for fast acting food instead of just having a glass of water,
* Inability to concentrate and mood swings. Sugar triggers chemical reactions in the brain that influences stress, anxiety and depression.
* Afternoon energy slumps! By eating fast digesting carbs, we don't get the correct nutrients to maintain a consistent level of energy thoughout the day.
* Lack of quality sleep. If you slowly ease out sugar intake and working healthy swaps into your meals, your sleeping patterns will slowly regulate and find their norm.
So what I do to stop the sugar cravings?
1. Hydrate and flush out the sugar with lemon water, apple cider vinegar in water, green tea, rooibos with cinnamon and ginger tee.
2. Include healthy fats e.g. dressings make with avocado oil, olive oil and coconut oil.
3. Daily green juices. I use a juices because I don't like the thickness of juices done by the liquidizer. Although the fiber in the latter is good for you. Today I made my green juice with baby spinach, ginger, apple and cucumber.
4. I replace my sugar with erythritol or xilitol. But if you don't battle with diabetes you can try dates, honey or fresh fruit.
I used valuable information from the Foodmatters.